OT Artists now offer Portrait Drawing Sessions.
These sessions are held on Monday evenings from 7-9 PM. Sessions may be intermittent, so be sure to sign up for our email newsletter. Portrait Sessions (Monday evenings) as well as Life Drawing Sessions (Wednesday evenings) are announced in the newsletter.
INFORMATION ABOUT OPEN-STUDIO PORTRAIT DRAWING SESSIONS
A professional model is booked and artists can join us for a 2 hour session. The sessions are in the OT Artists studio space on the east end of the fourth floor of Warehouse 2/FOK (formerly the ACVR building). A freight elevator is available to those artists who don’t want to climb the three flights to the fourth floor.
The sessions are open to all serious artists, from beginner to expert. We especially welcome beginners, who can work at their own pace in a supportive, critique-free environment. This is an open studio, there is no instructor.
- Easels, drawing benches, and tables are available for use by the session participants.
- Participants bring their own drawing or painting supplies.
- Coffee, tea, and water are provided by OT Artists.
- We invite all participants to stay after the drawing sessions for popcorn and conversation.
The sessions are held in the studio shared by members of OT Artists. As a result, we request that participants observe these simple rules.
- Please remember that drawing session participants are guests of OT Artists.
- Stay out of the artist’s spaces. Participants are invited to use the lounge area.
- Do not use any equipment, easels, or supplies from the artist’s spaces.
- Use only furniture or easels labeled OT Artists.
- After the session return the easels, tables, TV trays, etc. to their storage locations.
- Pick up after yourself. Remember to throw away your coffee cups, scrap paper, paper towels, etc.
- Oil painters cannot use turpentine because many persons are allergic to it. Oil painters must use odorless mineral spirits.
- Fixatives are not allowed in the studio because they are health hazards in enclosed spaces.
- Smoking is not allowed in the building.
LENGTH OF SESSIONS
The drawing sessions are scheduled for 2-hour session. The session schedule is announced in the email newsletter.
Cost: $12 for 2 hours, payable at the first break in the session. We provide a tip basket for the model. Tipping is optional.
Entry to the studio: Warehouse 2/FOK (formerly the ACVR building) is locked after 6 p.m. The door will be opened for life-drawing participants from 6:40 to 7:00 p.m. After 7:00 p.m. call 612-461-8382 and someone will come downstairs to open the door for you.
Model schedule: The schedule of portrait-drawing models is announced in our newsletter.
Models: OT Artists uses a model coordinator to schedule the models, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.